NEW-U Visual Identity
Charity design Norwich
New-U is a charity shop with a difference, instead of using money it works on a system of vouchers. donations, swapping and loans. The shop is also aimed at supporting young adults (16-30) into work by lending them ‘smart’ clothing for interviews and other occasions. It also creates opportunities for people to gain experience in retail by offering work placements in a friendly and supportive environment.
CREATE A VISUAL IDENTITY FOR THE SHOP THAT ENVOKES COMMUNITY SPIRIT.
• It must be recognisable, memorable and inspire the public to help support the business and get involved in helping young people.
• The identity must be modern, environmentally friendly, young person friendly, unique, diverse, community-focused, inspirational and approachable.
WE CREATED A VISUALISATION OF NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE
• We created a bold icon with a personable tone of voice. The inspiration for the graphic symbolises a person entering the shop unhappy and leaving happy.
• We chose a colour palette that has a sharp contrast and is modern, gender neutral and unique.
• We created a pattern to support the brand and utilises both positive and negative space. The dot pattern portrays the coming together of people and the negative space in-between creates stars, a subtle portrayal of the shop’s purpose.
• Brand Development
• Visual Identity
• Art Direction
• Print Design
• Sign design and fitting
“We loved working with you guys on this project – you made is so easy and seamless and you really understood what we were trying to achieve and the outcome was just want we wanted – thank you” – OPEN Youth Trust
MORE BRANDING PROJECTS HERE