Repton Homes Branding
Repton Logo design Norwich
The Brand Story
Repton Property Developments Limited is inspired by Humphrey Repton (the legendary Norfolk born landscape gardener) Born 1752. Henry Repton did not follow into the family business (Tax collecting) and at age 36 decided to set up as a landscape gardener. He actually invented this term himself and became the nation’s leading improver of grounds. He built his client portfolio and he travelled all over the country advising, sketching ideas and supervising his work into reality.
Humphrey Repton became one of the great names of English landscape architecture and worked for 30+ years in the business. He wanted to have a “fashionable” style in which he could adapt his work to developing trends. He designed approx 400 landscapes across the country. His designs would feature many different elements such as; gravel paths; flower beds; terraces; undulating lawns; walks through woods; glassy lakes. Our client has used this passion, dedication and expertise as a philosophy at the heart of the Repton Property Developments Limited.
CREATE AN IDENTITY THAT ENVOKES: STABILITY | MODERNITY | STRENGTH | APPROACHABILITY
• It must be recognisable, memorable and inspire the public as well as other business’ to help support the development of new homes.
• It must stand apart from other housing development companies in the local area whilst maintaining an appropriate tone and an established look.
• The identity must be modern, high-quality, trustworthy, innovative, competent and honest.
• There are to be no Political colours used to maintain a political neutrality.
A LOGO WITH A STRUCTURAL AESTHETIC WHICH EMBRACES REPTON’S TRELLACES AND ARCHWAYS.
• This brand mark portrays the positive characteristics of stability and strength. Two key qualities needed for successful home developers. The logo mark was also inspired by our research into modern building methods as well as some of Humphrey Reptons constructions. Notably the Temple at Sheringham Park. We have used the shape of this arch to create the “R” of Repton Property Developments Limited”.
• A modern sans-serif typeface was selected to give the overall brand a stable yet approachable design.
• We chose a colour palette inspired by the greenery of Humphery Repton’s garden designs. It also portrays the business’ key directive of maintaining Norfolks natural beauty by protecting mature trees and landscapes.
Our next focus is on designing and developing a brand new website for the business, visit us again for more updates to come.
• Brand Development
• Logo Design
• Visual Identity
• Art Direction
• Website Design
MORE BRANDING PROJECTS HERE